Tuesday 29 March 2016

Props, props & more props!

So.... at the start of the year I set myself a challenge... to work only from my huge yarn stash onlying buying more if I REALLY REALLY needed it ie for a custom order. Well that lasted for the whole of about 3 weeks before i was splurging!

Having taken a really good long hard look at my supplies again I am determined to stick to my guns & use what I have, after all there is some seriously good stuff stashed away there ;)

Newborn photography props are something I love to make & I am slowly building up my stock (which can be purchased via fb/twitter & my etsy shop) and the last few days have been spent rummaging & sorting yarns, fabrics etc & coming up with this little lot.... first up were some gorgeous little vintagae style bonnets made from ladies handkerchiefs





Next up were crochet doily rugs in bright summery colours with coordinating bonnets ... I loved making these & they can be used as a posing/layering blanket or I've also seen them used to drape over baby :)





And last but not least are a couple of mini blankets /basket stuffers.... golden yellow has a matching tieback while the pink comes with a bonnet :) 


Now I'm off to curl up with more scrummy yarns & see what else I can come up with :)
Elaine x
Feel free to pop over & say Hi - https://www.facebook.com/Knitwitsknits/

No comments:

Post a Comment